The mission of the Co-Op is to glorify God and to demonstrate God's love. The Co-Op is an intentionally Christian organization seeking to honor the Lordship of Jesus Christ in Word and Deed by following His example in sharing and caring for neighbors in need. The Co-Op seeks to preserve clients' dignity while encouraging self-responsibility and spiritual growth.
The Lawrenceville Co-Op relies on volunteers who commit their time on a regular basis to sort and distribute food, counsel and pray with clients, provide office support, and maintain our building and grounds. Last year, more than 300 volunteers worked almost 14,000 hours for our ministry. Our many volunteers make it possible to have only one full-time and three part-time staff members, thereby allowing us to use most of our funding to assist clients.
Volunteers may work as much or as little as they prefer – many of our volunteers have been helping out regularly for many years!
- Client Interviewer: Meet with our clients and discuss their needs/story, how we might help and pray with them.
- Intake: Handle the initial contact with the clients and assess their needs.
- Computer Work: Accessing the client database and updating files.
- Pantry Intake: Volunteer on non-client days. Receiving donated items and stocking the shelves and storage space.
- Pantry Distribution: Volunteer on client days to fill client orders. May help with donations as needed.
- Food Donation and Pick-Up Donated Food: We are always grateful for donated food items from individuals, churches and businesses. There is also a need to have donated items picked up that cannot be delivered, such as bread and pastries from Publix.
- Building and Grounds Helper: This would be on an as needed basis. Perfect for church or business groups.
If you would like to volunteer, please email Glori Smith. Check out our Hours of Operation and Hours for Food Donations at the bottom of this page and let us know when you would like to volunteer.
We will get back with you as soon as possible to discuss further.
New Hours of Operation
Monday: 5:00 PM — 7:30 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM — 12:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM — 12:00 PM
Hours for Food Donations:
** During regular hours of operation (above)
** Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday, 9am-2pm Saturday 9:30-11:30am